Online dictionaries and wikis
• reference.com • yourdictionary • wikipedia.org [free for all] • refdesk.com
• medialens [correcting the distorted vision of the corporate media] • alternet [independent media resource] • commondreams.org • newseum • alternet • www.journalism.co.za • newseum • reporters without borders • noam chomsky archives • noseweek • source watch and pr watch [keeping an eye on the spindoctors] • unknown news • storytelling in a post-journalism world
• new media lab @ rhodes • poynter • freedom of expression institute [fxi] • my alma mater [where I realised I had to be a dissident]
- You know what? just wing it, language should be flexible and in constant flux.
- But make sure you have a good editor to do the final check!
- New Zealand has agreed to allow txt or sms English in exam papers, as long as the student has comprehended the subject at hand.
• google maps • straatkaart • the planet • google earth [our glorious planet]
• SA images • space • tourism • thewriter.co.za: also provides photographic services
• dissident voice • alternative press index: lists radical zines • 09 F9 [assault on digital rights] • green anarchy
• contact us for a quote, our prices are the best in town [gotta love puns] • if it’s a good quote you’re looking for, we have access to those too motivational quotes, inspirational quotes, social justice quotes, enviro-quotes
• write with your heart not your head • In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act – George Orwell
generation alpha • right to know campaign [R2K] • Let the truth be told • the mask • apf • environmental justice • adbusters • abahlali basemjondolo
• why should I pay someone to write for me? I can do it myself!
• project gutenberg free books, where copyright has expired